Mindfulness course West Hampstead
Calling all Busy People! If you’re ready to start 2018 with a new perspective, make a difference to your health & wellbeing AND calm a busy mind – then join Veronika for this 6-week Mindfulness course!
Open for bookings now:
January 10 – February 14, 2018
6 Wednesday mornings: 8:00-9:30am
The Heath Practice, West Hampstead
This course is limited to 8 participants.
So what’s this course about?
Based on the classic Mindfulness based Stress Reduction (MBSR) curriculum, this Mindfulness course is a highly participatory, practical, skills-based course that teaches you how to find more flexible and attuned responses to stressful situations.
Set over 6 weeks, you will systematically develop and deepen the skill of being present to the interplay between your internal and external experience such as thoughts, feelings and sensations, thereby harnessing your mind’s ability to shift perspective and respond more skilfully to stressors.
Mindfulness means paying attention, in a particular way; on purpose, in the present moment and non-judgmentally. ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Why should YOU join us?
- Get behind the buzz word mindfulness
- Gain knowledge about the workings of your body/mind from a neuroscience perspective
- Aquire life-skills to deal better with pressures at the workplace and in personal relationships
- Benefit from a welcoming, confidential and non-judgmental learning environment limited to 8 participants for optimum learning experience
- High-impact through evidence-based programme that has been proven successful in addressing conditions such as mild depression, anxiety and panic disorders as well as heart disease, diabetes and chronic pain
- Connect with like-minded people in the local community
New-comers and experienced meditators welcome. No previous experience required.
I absolutely loved doing the course and feel that it has really fed me on many levels. I did find the homework hard to complete at the time but that’s ok. I realise that you have to find your own way through. Just a big thank you, Veronika. ~ Andrew, Teacher, UK
I had expected this to feel like a chore as I have always found it difficult to be ‘still’ but to my surprise this wasn’t the case at all! With your guidance and support I discovered that I was able to make some big real-life changes. Thank you so much! ~ Caroline, Business Professional, UK
- Introductory pre-course interview via phone
- 6 weekly group sessions consisting of guided practice, lectures and discussion
- Audios for home practice
Formal and informal practices
- Guided mindfulness meditations including guidance on posture
- Body-scan relaxation
- Mindful movement (yoga)
- Exploration of informal mindfulness practice
- Linking the practices to everyday life and challenges
Time commitment & Home practice
A highly partcipatory course, you will be guided through meditation practices and exercises as well as have an opportunity to share your experience and discuss difficulties if you wish to. The home practice is an integral and essential part of the course that is intended to help you establish your own regular meditation practice. To make the most out of this course, you will need to set aside daily about 20-30 min.
You will receive a comprehensive workbook with in-depth reading about each weeks’ topic and a journal section for your perusal. Let yourself be surprised by the further unfolding of the course content when you re-read the workbook.
- Download selected audio-recordings of guided meditations
- Option to participate in a fully guided future Silent Morning Mindfulness Retreat (next on November 18) at a reduced costs
By the end of this course you should be able to…
- Have a sound grasp of your unique, personal Mindfulness practice
- Benefit from better emotional resilience, stress and anxiety management skills
- Put into action your improved skills in decision making, self-and and people management
- Identify your personal key habits of the mind and understand how these can help or hinder you
- Have a greater acceptance of your life experiences
MBSR courses in North West London
Wouldn’t that’ be worth giving 6 mornings of your life?
Surely this is time well spent!
PLUS you’ll get the benefit of learning in a group, and hear from Veronika’s 15-year expertise as practitioner and teacher of mindfulness!
- 6 weekly morning sessions
The Heath Practice in West Hampstead, NW6
- Pre-course phone interview
- Comprehensive workbook
- Recorded guided meditations
Veronika is an experienced mindfulness facilitator registered with Mindfulness Network CIC, BACP and UKCP registered training counsellor & psychotherapist, and YAUK qualified senior yoga teacher and teacher trainer, with a business background and extensive life and self-development experience.
If you are unsure whether this course is for you or have any questions please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Kabat-Zinn, J. (2005) Coming to our Senses – Healing ourselves and the world through Mindfulness, New York, USA: Hyperion.
Kabat-Zinn, J. (1990) Full Catastrophe Living – Using the Wisdom of your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness, New York, USA: Bantam Dell.