Why Mindfulness & Yoga?
Mindfulness is a basic human quality, perhaps best described as being “equally present with all events and experiences with discernment, curiosity and kindness” (Christina Feldman, 2012).
We cultivate mindfulness through a practice that involves training of our attention, awareness and compassion. We learn to shift perspective and respond to stressors more skilfully.
Cutting-edge research in neuroscience confirms that our brain and body work in tandem. Successful training of the mind includes the cultivation of body awareness – the embodied mind.
Like mindfulness, yoga is an ancient practice aimed at uniting body/mind and cultivating insight. Based on the same principles, the yoga practice promotes relaxation and helps to develop strength, mobility and conscious breathing improving physical and mental wellbeing (NHS).
Benefits for physical and mental wellbeing
Through the exploration of the interplay between our body and mind we can maximise our natural, inner resources for coping, healing and growth. The benefits of mindfulness & yoga are manyfold, here are a few…
- Increased stress resilience and emotional intelligence
- Improved focus, decision-making, creativity and clarity of mind
- Enhanced self-confidence, self-esteem, sense of presence
- Strengthened immune system
- Increased flexibility in adapting to change and transitions
- Enhanced ability to identify and shift unhelpful, self-critical and outdated coping strategies
- Balanced and compassionate relationship to ourselves, others and the world around us
A regular calming space fosters clarity of the mind and enables us to release stress, tightness and anxiety in our everyday life. Boost your physical and mental health & wellbeing.